The Society shall have six Sections and a European Board of Neonatology (EBN)
- European Board of Neonatology (EBN) (formerly European Society of neonatology, ESN)
- Section of Brain & Development
- Section of Nutrition, Metabolism and Gastroenterology
- Section of Circulation, Haematology and Oxygen transport
- Section of Epidemiology
- Section of Pulmonology
- Section of Paediatric and Neonatal Pharmacology
Each Section and the EBN establishes its own Terms of Reference which shall be approved by the Council. Each Section elects a secretary.
The EBN shall consist of one country representative from each National Neonatal Society or Perinatal/Paediatric Society if no Neonatal Society exists from every UEMS member country.
The EBN shall elect a Chairman, an Officer of Education and Training, an Officer of NOTE, an Officer of Neonatal Databases, and an Officer of Accreditation. As a temporary bridging period until the next jENS Congress in 2017 the 5 (five) EBN Executive Committee members will be elected within the current ESN Council.
The Sections and EBN are responsible inter alia for providing the Council with recommendations for the scientific programme of the annual meeting.